Special Update: We create weekly resources for you and your family. Be sure to check out our new resources section.
Updated July 17, 2020
Per the orders of Gov. Polis and the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, masks are required to enter the premises.
To learn more about the mask order and frequently asked questions, visit https://covid19.colorado.gov/mask-guidance
Updated March 25, 2020
Dear Shandy Family,
The Shandy Clinic continues to closely monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in our community and commends the Pikes Peak area schools for extending students’ spring break to slow the spread of the virus. In light of the ever-changing situation, we would like to inform you of some additional precautionary measures we are taking as a company, including:
- Increased sanitization efforts at all locations.
- Limiting the number of therapy supplies used.
- Removing any supplies/toys/equipment that are difficult to sanitize.
- Closing ball pits at all locations.
- Mandatory patient and staff hand hygiene before and after every appointment.
- Close monitoring of patient and staff symptoms and sending those home who have a temperature of 100.4 or higher.
- Temporary suspension of all group appointments from until further notice.
- Includes feeding groups and social skills.
- All group therapy appointments will be rescheduled as one-on-one visits to practice social distancing without having to compromise your child’s progress in therapy.
- Limiting additional family members in shared areas (e.g. waiting rooms, gyms) when possible.
In order to limit waiting room capacity and practice social distancing, we would like to offer caregivers the option to call your clinic’s patient coordinator as you pull into the parking lot and have your therapist meet you to pick up and/or drop off your child at your vehicle.
The Shandy Clinic is also taking measures to be overly prepared in the situation that we have to make the difficult decision to close clinics in the future. It is our mission to continue to serve all clients and families during this time and our goal is to give all families an option to continue to receive services without a gap in care.
We will be forming a team of individuals to ensure all families have the option to receive speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy in the form of Teletherapy from the safety of your home in the unfortunate event that we have to close or your family needs to be quarantined. You may be receiving a phone call from a Shandy Clinic staff member in the upcoming days to help you sign up for this service.
The Shandy Clinic will continue to take all necessary measures to ensure the safety of our clients and staff and will continue to send updates as the situation evolves.
-The Shandy Clinic
From March 11, 2020
The Shandy Clinic is deeply committed to the health and safety of the children and families that we serve, to our remarkable team, and to our community more broadly. We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it unfolds.
In addition to our continued adherence to county health and governmental protocols, we are also taking additional proactive preventative measures in all of our clinics to keep our community as healthy as possible, including:
- Additional sanitation of high volume points of contact (door handles, faucets, etc.);
- Hand sanitizers for families and employees in all of our clinics; and
- Reiterating with our team all recommendations for health and safety to ensure that we are well-versed and adherent to best practices.
We encourage you to follow the standard precautions outlined by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And, while we are eager to continue to deliver care, we ask that if you or your family aren’t feeling well to please stay at home.
Appreciating the unknown and changing nature of these conditions, we will continue to evaluate the situation as it evolves and to follow the advice and directions of local officials. We will, of course, keep you up to date with any changes.
Be well and keep healthy,
-The Shandy Clinic