What is Aquatic Therapy?
Why Aquatic Therapy?
- More motivated to participate
- Provides support and buoyancy decreasing effort
- Lack of gravity increases movement opportunities
- Greater strength from resistance
- The pressure of the water can better inform the patient where and how their body is moving
- Increases breath and lung work by 60%
- An ideal environment for balance
- Enhances socialization
- Provides environment allowing interaction and participation equal to peers
- Increases safety awareness
Who Benefits From Aquatic Therapy?
Those Who Need To Work On:
- Motor Planning
- Cardiovascular Endurance